I am so excited to host a contest featuring one of my favorite Etsy sellers, The Mermaid’s Treasures. One lucky winner of my blog will receive a custom notepad in your choice of design including personalization with any name you choose. As you can see from the pictures, these come in a variety of cute styles and colors. You can view all of the custom notepad designs here. Each notepad has 60 personalized pages that are perforated at the top along the bottom of the ribbon, so that they can be torn off without disturbing the decorative ribbon. The paper is 24 lb. weight, and the size is of the finished product is 5.5″ x 4.25″.
I ordered one of these recently for a friend of mine and the quality of the product is excellent. Often when I have ordered notepads I felt like the paper was too flimsy. Not so with these notepads. I can’t say enough about the high quality of the paper and the ribbon used to create them. I promise you will be completely happy with your purchase! They make a perfect gift for yourself or a friend. Check out the adorable teacher notepads which would make a great gift for your child’s teacher.
So I guess you are wondering how you can enter. To enter, please visit The Mermaid’s Treasures and tell me in a comment which product is your favorite other than the notepads. They also sell beautiful handmade jewlery, soaps, sugar scrubs, and scarves. You can view all of their products here. Additional entries are available for the following:
- Receive five (5) extra entries if you blog about this contest. Please be sure and leave me five separate comments telling me you did so and leave the URL for the post. The winner will be chosen randomly using Random.org so please be sure and leave the separate comments as I will not be counting those myself.
- Receive five (5) extra entries if you follow me on Twitter or if you are already following me. Make sure you tell me your Twitter username in the comment.
- Receive five (5) extra entries if you subscribe (or already subscribe) to my blog feed. Just click on the pretty “Subscribe to my Feed” button over in my sidebar. Thanks to Cat from 3 Kids and Us for the button!
For the extra entries, remember to leave me a separate comment for each one. The contest ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, January 29th. Thanks for entering!
Well you didn’t actually WIN Brendan Fraser but you did win my contest for a $20 voucher from Fandango to see Inkheart, or any movie of your choice.
The lucky winner is: Rhonda
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-01-23 17:07:30 UTC
Inkheart looks really good! I thought Brendan did a great job in Journey to the Center of the Earth. Thank you for offering the giveaway!
Congratulations Rhonda. I will be emailing you to claim your prize.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Published January 21, 2009
The Little Write Gal and Ashes bundle up before going outside in the snow.
For anyone who has ever led a group or an organization, whether it be a church group, civic organization. or your child’s playgroup, one of the most challenging things is to get and keep everyone connected. Tired of sending out countless email reminders and typing multiple email addresses every time you need to get something done? Then try QIubb where you can easily organize group events and activities online all for free. With QIubb you can:
• Eliminate email back-and-forth
• Eliminate reminders and nags of events and responsibilities
• Easily delegate tasks to members
• Easily create a secure website for your group
• SPEND MORE TIME ENJOYING YOUR REAL-LIFE GROUPS
From the QIubb Web site:
“Qlubb is a web-based group utility that enables real-world groups to easily connect, share and get stuff done. Qlubb brings all aspects of group interaction to one simple and intuitive place. With event calendaring, sign-up sheets, photo sharing, member rosters, file sharing, task reminder service, and bulletin boards, Qlubb provides all the functions needed to easily and actively participate within a group.
Recognizing that busy people don’t have time or patience to “figure out” another web application, Qlubb has made it a principle philosophy to keep everything SIMPLE (simple interface, simple Qlubb creation, simple task creation, simple account management, etc.). It only takes 2 clicks to create a Qlubb, an 1 click to join a Qlubb.”
This review was made possible by Team Mom.
Well if you read my post yesterday you know that I was in need of some cleaning tips to remove the Sharpie ink from my white kitchen countertop. I am happy to report that the ink is all gone courtesy of The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. No cleaner, no Clorox, just the Magic Eraser and some water. Thanks Mr. Clean!
To read more Tipsy Tuesday posts visit The A-Priori Mommy.
1. Remove all Sharpie pens from junk drawer as this is not an acceptable pen choice for the Little Write Gal to use to write Mommy a note.
2. Explain that when using a Sharpie, that the ink is permanent and you must put the paper up against something other than the kitchen countertops or the ink will bleed though.
3. Never ever EVER buy another house with white countertops. What insane person would want white countertops?
4. Start piggy bank fund now to replace countertops.
Published January 15, 2009
Tags: job hunting, resume writing
With the current state of our economy and high U.S. unemployment rates, I wanted to write an article on resume writing. It is a good idea to always have an updated resume, before you are faced with job loss. Here are some tips to help you write a job-winning resume:
- Tailor your resume to the job for which you are applying. Research the skills and qualities the employer is seeking for the position. These can usually be found in the job advertisement or job description. Don’t just send out the same old resume for every position. Make sure your resume is written to show how you are qualified for the position you are seeking.
- Use action verbs to present yourself as a doer and achiever. Action verbs such as managed, prepared, communicated, analyzed, organized, etc. show an employer that you have skills that would be an asset to their organization. Avoid writing your resume using the passive voice.
- Remember that your resume is a marketing tool. It is about you, the job hunter, not just about the various jobs you have held through the years. It must emphasize your accomplishments, rather than merely list previous job duties.
- Double, triple and quadruple check your resume before sending it anywhere. Typos can cause your resume to get thrown in the trash. If you write a resume full of typos, an employer will perceive that you will perform sloppily on the job.
- Do not include personal information on your resume such as age, race, religion, marital status, children, or health status. This information is illegal for an employer to ask you in a job interview so definitely don’t give it to them in your resume.
If you have resume questions you want answered in a future blog post, please feel free to leave them in a comment. You can also hire me to write your resume and receive a discount if you tell me that you read about it on my blog. The Write Advice is my business writing and consulting Web site where I write resumes, Web site content, press releases, and other marketing materials.
Published January 13, 2009
It’s not THAT kind of tipsy but rather a blog post to provide you with the best “tips” to make your life simpler. This Tuesday theme is sponsored by The A-Priori Mommy. If you would like to participate, your tips can be about anything — from tips for cleaning carpet stains to the best way to keep crafty scissors sharp. Go here for more fabulous tipsy posts!
My Tipsy Tuesday post this week is a spelling tip for the word SEPARATE which is commonly misspelled seperate. I go off my rocker when my students misspell this word; I teach college students not third graders, but I guess it just goes to show that even adults have problem spelling this word. Help is here because there a tip to use to never get it wrong. This also works for separating, separated, etc. When spelling separate, think of A RAT.
Think of a rat every time and you will hopefully not misspell this word again.
Brendan Fraser is getting ready to be back in your movie theater soon in his latest movie Inkheart which opens nationwide on January 23rd. Based on the best selling trilogy by Cornelia Funke, Inkheart is a family-friendly fantasy adventure that sends a father and daughter on a quest through worlds both real and imagined. Inkheart is rated PG and also stars Helen Mirren and Paul Bettany.
At my house we are always trying to find family-friendly movies and it seems lately that everything The Little Write Gal has wanted to see has been rated PG-13. So I am excited we will be able to see this one. One lucky Write Gal reader will get get to see this movie for free (or another one of your choice) if you are the winner of my $20 Fandango gift certificate. You can see which movie theaters in your area take Fandango gift certificates by visiting Fandango’s Web site. To enter all you have to do is to leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite Brendan Fraser movie is (mine is George of the Jungle). If you don’t have a favorite one, that’s fine too but just remember to tell me that in a comment. You can earn two extra entries for following me on Twitter (click on the Twitter icon in my sidebar), but be sure and leave me two separate comments since the winner will be drawn randomly. Leave me your Twitter username so I will know who you are, and if you already follow me on Twitter let me know that too. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. on January 19th.